Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

Monkey See

Jack sound asleep on his MA-PWEEN blanket
My now 19 month old son has almost got me trained. This afternoon as I was folding laundry I came across his big "MaPween" blanket in the basket. I held it up and shook it straight to start folding it. He sees it across the room and runs over to grab it from my hands. I tug back on it hoping to finish folding it and place it out of his reach before he gets a good grip. Too late. He's grunting and leaning into it. That's when I hear him start to scream, "DAHHHHHHHH-P, DAHHHHHHH-P". It took me just a second to realize that my son was screaming the same command at me, his mother that we use when we want Bean to give us back the fetch. Drop, Drop. 

I had to explain to my little dear that "Drop, Drop" is something we only say to doggies. NOT PEOPLE and NOT MOMMIES!!
"Pee-Puh" he says. Pretty sure he doesn't get it.

Man, it's hard not to laugh when the things he says are so logical. Like I said, he's almost got me trained.

No comments:

Post a Comment