Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

My Maiden Name's Control Freak.......Should I Hyphenate?


My maiden name's Control Freak
I'm taking his name too
And this is what has caused my dilema
Oh, what's a girl to do? 


"Should I hyphenate?" I ask
It seems a simple thing
Yet Mrs. Control Freak- Procrastinator
just doesn't have that ring


His family is "normal"
He shrugs with open hand
Mine's the one whose lost it
Agreed, but let's expand


You're the oldest child
Been married just a while
You've got a brother and a sister
Neither been down the isle


Ah, now you see where this is going
We've got some years on you
A lot of crazy can happen
between 18 and 32


It's true you're just beginning
what you've so cleverly described
Your Bobsled Straight to Hell
Oh Love, Enjoy the Ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment